An extraordinary experience of a lifetime!
We will pick you up at the scheduled time (around 6:45 am if you are staying in Playa del Carmen) and drive to a marina where a light breakfast will be awaiting you. We will then board the boats and depart to the whale shark area, where we will start our search. Once spotted, we will start the whale shark snorkeling activity, where you will have the opportunity to jump in the water. After swimming, sandwiches, fruit, water and soft drinks will be served on board as we head to Isla Mujeres, where we will relax in Playa Norte while a light lunch is being served. We will finally head back to the marina where your transportation will take you back.
The tour includes:
- Professional multilingual guide.
- Air conditioned round-trip transportation.
- Welcome coffee, milk, sweet bread, natural orange juice, sandwich and fruit at the marina.
- Comfortable boat with shaded area, fully equipped with first-aid kit, GPS, VHF radio.
- Water and soft drinks, on board.
- Snorkeling equipment and flotation device.
- Light lunch: varied sandwiches, fish or shrimp ceviche, guacamole and fruit.
- Maximum 10 participants per boat.
What to bring: Hat/cap, sunglasses, swimsuit, towel, sandals, biodegradable sunscreen, money for personal expenses.
Swimming with the whale shark is a family oriented adventure, however, all participants must be at least 8 years of age and it is not recommended for pregnant women.
Private tours are available upon request.
Keeping in mind the interest to protect the whale sharks and their environment, the following rules must be observed as established by the local authorities:
- Each participant will have two swims. In each swim, there will be only 2 swimmers and a certified guide.
- Life jacket, wet-suite or floating device are mandatory
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed
- Swimmers must remain at least 3 meters (6 ft.) away from the Whale Shark.
- If only 1-5 whale sharks are spotted, we will conduct a whale shark observation, not a whale shark swim.
Whale Shark Encounter – US$180, including the Scuba Playa guarantee.
In case we do not spot any whale sharks, and therefore the observation nor the swim can happen, Scuba Playa will issue a US$70 credit that can be used towards any other Scuba Playa activity or in our retail shop.